Updating plinky to the latest firmware is easy:
THIS file to your PC
While firmly holding down the encoder (rightmost knob), plug plinky into the USB port on your computer.
The screen should be blank, with a tunnel of lights animation on the LEDs.
Plinky will appear as a USB drive on your computer; drag and drop the downloaded file onto it
Wait for the lights to stop flickering, and then click the encoder to finish.
DONE! Easy huh?
EMERGENCY DFU BINARY FILE
As detailed in the build guide
, if your plinky's internal flash memory becomes corrupted, you can use some DFU software to completely replace the software, even if it won't boot.
Here is the BIN file you need
. Follow the instructions in the appendix of the build guide to use a DFU programmer to re-flash your plinky. NOTE: this is an emergency procedure, you shouldn't need it.
VERSION NOTES / HISTORY
- 2020-12-20 - more info when calibration fails
- 2020-12-19 - fix for unresponsive touch
- 2020-12-14 - make it so clicking the encoder zeros parameters
- 2020-12-12 - fix stereo weirdness with main shape control
- 2020-12-02 - version flashed onto early bird units!